- Do you have a smile that is not as perfect as you would like it to be?
- Are you missing teeth or have an outdated bridge?
- Are you unhappy with your choice of dentures?
One of the most popular terms today is ‘Smile Makeover’. On TV and in fashion magazines, you can hear people endlessly talking about how life changing a smile makeover can be. A dental veneer is a thin, all-ceramic shell, custom-made to fit over your teeth that may be discolored or chipped.
Teeth whitening is one of the most popular dentistry techniques used in smile makeovers. Teeth whitening is however only effective in changing the color of your teeth. It cannot correct some conditions such as cracked, chipped or crooked teeth.
A person’s teeth color can be improved by dental crowns or dental veneers that are made purely of ceramic. They can also help in controlling problems other than just the color of the teeth.
Due to poor dental health and gum diseases, tooth extraction is very common. One may think that there are no serious repercussions towards leaving the space of a missing tooth empty. However, some of the consequences of this are:
- A change in the position of the teeth adjacent to the missing tooth
- Losing the root of your tooth can cause your jawbone to shrink. This will make your face appear older than you really are
- If the missing tooth is at the front, it can affect your smile and your self-confidence.
In many situations, the most pleasingly esthetic solution to replace a missing tooth is to use a dental implant. Your smile can be restored back by using an all-ceramic dental crown or dental bridge secured firmly to a dental implant. The dental implant will take the place of the missing tooth’s root.
UPGRADING YOUR DENTURES
If you need to have a denture repaired or if you are just tired of wearing your dentures, you can consider denture implant replacement alternatives. You can inquire from Dr. Yarbrough if you are a good candidate for dental implant because dental implants are not for everyone.
6700 West Gate Blvd. Ste. 101 Austin, TX, 78745 USA
email@example.com • 512-447-0808